TRUST / ACCOUNTABILITY / SERVICE
Independent third party reviews using the perspective of a highly experienced former NERC regulator (over 100 audits and Investigations) to ensure your organization is properly prepared for NERC audit engagements. InPOWERd utilizes a mock audit approach tailored to simulate the ERO’s Risk-Based Compliance Monitoring approach.
Internal Control Evaluations (ICE)
Independent third party evaluation using the perspective of a highly experienced former NERC regulator who was instrumental in NERC’s shift from the “zero-defect” compliance and enforcement approach to one that focuses on a company’s ability to manage reliability and regulatory risk with associated internal risk control Systems. InPOWERd utilizes an ICE approach tailored to simulate the ERO’s Risk-Based Compliance Monitoring approach.
Program Designing Packages
Design/develop organizational specific programs that include policy, procedures, training modules and various tools. Programs include:
- INTERNAL COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS
- INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM FRAMWORKS AND PROGRAMS
- RISK ASSESSMENT FRAMWORKS AND RISK MANAGMENT PROGRAMS
- ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS PROGRAMS
- HUMAN PERFORMANCE PROGRAMS
Expert development and delivery of organization specific training modules using the ADDIE model of instructional design. The model has been adopted as industry best practice because of its flexibility and effective structure. ADDIE is an acronym for the five-phase courseware development program of analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation. ADDIE can be used with both individualized and traditional instruction.
Improving business performance using industry standard risk-based problem solving techniques and formulating effective executional strategies; includes preparation of written content for the development of evaluation reports and goal oriented strategy roadmaps to enhance enterprise value.
Risk-based approach to identifying latent organizational weaknesses, dynamic invisible risks, and key vulnerabilities through causal analysis, gap analysis and observation-based techniques and methods. Independent assessments to arrive at valid expert conclusions for effective business decision making – the cause of tomorrows events exists today.
Executive Coaching Services
inPOWERd uses targeted methods, principles and understanding of the most important elements and behaviors that drive healthy, successful thought leaders and cultures.
- LEADERSHIP TEAM DEVELOPMENT
- PERFORMANCE COACHING
- BUSINESS ETIQUETTE
- TRANSITION MANAGMENT
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Expert level witness that assists clients and legal representatives to better understand evidence needed to support factual decisions on the issues involving regulatory compliance and grid operations.
- DEVELOPMENT OF LEGAL DECLARATIONS
- REVIEW AND CRITIQUE OF EVIDENCE AND INFORMATION SUPPORTING LEGAL CASES
- PROVIDE ANALYSIS, GUIDENCE, AND PROFFISIONAL OPINIONS TO ASSIST THE COURT IN REACHING DECISIONS
Project Management Services
Expert knowledge and experience optimizing and improving project organization on behalf of the client in accordance with the client’s policies procedures and methods. Project success is a combination of team effort, lean processes, skills, competences and attitude.
Risk Management Packages
Evaluate and develop organizational specific risk management programs (enterprise or divisional levels). InPOWERd has developed specific risk assessment methods and tools to help organizations define and articulate their most immediate inherent, control, and detection risks. The methods and tools used can strategically identify and determine risk priorities to better develop risk responses to manage or eliminate latent organizational weaknesses, known issues and unacceptable plausible impacts invisible to the corporate risk profile.
Culture Maturity Evaluations
Independent third party evaluation of an organizations current state cultural health while espousing the fundamental principles of Intelligent Empowerment (inPOWERd©) and ethical decision making frameworks. Evaluations include a road map to a future state that includes a higher level of strategic organizational maturity. InPOWERd utilizes a using a Cultural Maturity Scale (CMS) and system/framework assessment tool to determine strategic optimization and business value gaps.
Monthly Expert Retainer Packages
Retainer arrangements include advisory services meetings and support phone calls. The purpose of this service is to be a readily available expert to assist and support a client during the development or implementation of key projects and initiatives. Accessible anytime, anywhere and created with a responsive design to help you work smarter.
A Distinctive Difference
Inpowerd demonstrates a striking competitive edge as a consulting firm with the right-sized team of high-powered professionals who specialize in regulatory compliance, risk management and cybersecurity for the electric industry. Inpowerd is different from other compliance firms in the following areas.
- Earl Shockley, InPOWERd LLC’s President and Founder, is a former senior executive at the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC). Earl joined NERC in 2007 and was responsible for coordinating and developing the NERC and Regional Entity Compliance and Enforcement Programs. He worked closely with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), NERC and regional entity senior management to design and structure sustainable compliance audit and investigation programs, auditor training programs, and reliability-focused efforts such as the Electric Reliability Organization (ERO) Enterprise Situational Awareness, Event Analysis, Lessons Learned, and Human Performance programs. Earl was recognized as one of the key leaders and solution architects for NERC when it became a certified Electric Reliability Organization. As one of the original architects of the current NERC Risk-Based Compliance and Enforcement Model, Earl has an unsurpassed understanding of the history and strategy of the NERC regulatory landscape.
- InPOWERd has entity experience with more than 100 ERO-level compliance and enforcement engagements covering all facets of Operations, Planning and CIP. InPOWERd fully understands the compliance program elements that lead to success and the dysfunctions that may lead to failure. While at NERC, Earl was responsible for auditing the performance of NERC-delegated regional entity auditors as they implemented the NERC Compliance and Enforcement Program.
- InPOWERd Technical experts are hand-picked. They have served in senior regulatory and technical roles at large, medium and small electric utilities across North America. Inpowerd mobilizes the right talent, skills and technology to help organizations align people, processes, and management practices to maximize potential and better achieve strategic objectives. The Team has experience working with integrated utilities, municipals, cooperatives and independent power producers and supporting the design, implementation and improvement of operational and compliance programs.
- InPOWERd has worked directly with clients in all three major North American electrical interconnections (Western, Eastern and ERCOT). The client base includes large, medium and small organizations, Independent System Operators, Cooperatives, government organizations, regulatory authorities and legal firms located within the eight NERC-delegated Regional Entity footprints. The Inpowerd team’s experience spans all NERC registration types and all activities and requirements found in the NERC functional model.
- InPOWERd also has formed strategic partnerships with compliance software platform technology organizations such as SigmaFlow, AssurX and Global Audit Ready. This ensures that Inpowerd has been trained on current technology to better assist clients using compliance tools.
|RELEVANT EXPERIENCE||Within Last 6 Months||As Direct Employees||As Consultants||As Auditors|
|NERC Standard Enforcement||X||X||X||X|
|Internal Compliance Program Framework Design & Implementation||X||X||X||X|
|CIP Compliance Program Design and Managed Services||X||X||X||X|
|693 Compliance Program Design and Managed Services||X||X||X||X|
|Physical Security Planning||X||X||X||X|
|NERC Functional Registration||X||X||X||X|
|Risk Management, Risk Assessments||X||X||X||X|
|Internal Controls Evaluation, design development||X||X||X||X|
|Policy, Procedure and Process Writing||X||X||X||X|
|Documentation & Evidence Management||X||X||X||X|
|NERC Regulatory Training||X||X||X||X|
|Regulatory Violation Mitigation||X||X||X||X|
|Audit/Mock Audit/Audit Prep||X||X||X||X|
|Root Cause Analysis||X||X||X|
Relevant Facility Experience
|RELEVANT FACILITY EXPERIENCE||Within Last 6 Months||As Direct Employees||As Consultants||As Auditors|
|Large Registered Entities||X||X||X||X|
|Medium Registered Entities||X||X||X||X|
|Small Registered Entities||X||X||X||X|
|Independent Switching Operators (ISOs)||X||X||X|
|Energy Control Centers||X||X||X||X|
Do you need help with any of the following? We provide systematic approaches and the necessary expertise according to your needs.